Estes Park, Colorado is a beautiful destination that offers a wealth of opportunities for outdoor recreation and exploration. With its stunning mountain scenery, diverse wildlife, and scenic hiking trails, Estes Park is the perfect place to visit in the spring. Here are some of the best things to do in Estes Park during the spring season:
- Hiking – Estes Park offers a wealth of hiking trails for all levels of experience. From the easy, flat trails along the Big Thompson River to the more challenging mountain trails, you’re sure to find a trail that suits your interests and abilities. Some of the most popular trails in the area include the Bear Lake Trail, the Nymph Lake Trail, and the Dream Lake Trail.
- Wildlife Watching – Estes Park is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including elk, deer, bighorn sheep, and coyotes. During the spring, you may have the opportunity to spot these animals as they venture out of their winter habitats to feed on the new vegetation.
- Scenic Drives – The roads in and around Estes Park offer some of the most breathtaking views in the state. Take a scenic drive through the mountains to experience the beauty of the area for yourself. Some of the best scenic drives in the area include Trail Ridge Road, the Peak to Peak Scenic Byway, and the Fall River Road.
- Rock Climbing – Estes Park is a popular destination for rock climbers, with a variety of climbing areas ranging from beginner-friendly crags to challenging multi-pitch routes. Whether you’re a seasoned climber or just looking to try something new, Estes Park has something to offer.
- Fly Fishing – The streams and rivers in and around Estes Park are home to a variety of fish, including rainbow and brown trout. Spring is a great time to try your hand at fly fishing in the area, with the warmer temperatures making it more comfortable to be out on the water.
- Horseback Riding – Estes Park offers a variety of horseback riding opportunities, from guided trail rides to scenic rides through the mountains. Whether you’re an experienced rider or just looking for a leisurely afternoon activity, horseback riding is a great way to explore the beauty of Estes Park.
Estes Park truly is a wonderful destination to visit in the spring. Whether you’re looking to hike, wildlife watch, or simply enjoy the stunning mountain scenery, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful area. So pack your bags and head to Estes Park this spring for an unforgettable outdoor adventure!